View open positions at the Marathon Center for the Performing Arts below:
The Marathon Center for the Performing Arts (MCPA) is a beautifully renovated 960-seat performance space featuring a large proscenium stage with expanded backstage capabilities, state-of-the-art lighting and sound technology, a multi-purpose event hall, an atrium lobby, a lounge space, an art gallery, and flexible spaces in the lower level to provide arts education classes for the community. Since opening in 2015, MCPA has quickly become one of the premier performing arts center in Northwestern Ohio region, and a cultural center for Hancock County and Findlay, Ohio.
MCPA is looking for an experienced Finance Director to assist the Executive Director and Board of Directors with all the financial activities related to the MCPA. The Finance Director will oversee all facets related to the Center’s finances including: accounting, reporting, variance analysis, budgeting, income and cash forecasting, cash management, finance and investing management, and relationship management with business partners. This position will report directly to the Executive Director with a strong dotted line relationship to the Finance Committee of the Board.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the establishment and maintenance of an accurate accounting system that reflects, via established accounting procedures, the appropriate financial results of the organization
- Operate the Center’s primary financial lead (bookkeeping, accounting, reporting)
- Create income and cash forecasts to assist business planning and decision-making; provide and present monthly variance analysis
- Lead annual budget development with Executive Director
- Provide oversight in managing investment portfolio; act as the relationship manager with investment institutions
- Manage cash accounts and borrowings facilities of the Center
- Assists in developing, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures and internal controls, that govern the financial functions of the organization
- Monitor donor related financial activities and participate in development efforts
- Provide monthly reports and financial updates to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors
- Develop and present financial analysis as needed to support the strategic initiatives of the Center
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or similar field (CPA certification will be preferred)
- Knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of cost accounting and reporting
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Excellent knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and risk analysis
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in the latest versions of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Non-profit experience preferred
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
We will update our Career page with open positions as they come. Please check back later for available employment. For questions, please call (419) 423-2787 or email at [email protected]